THE MISSON STATEMENT OF THE CITY OF DELAND POLICE DEPARTMENT
- It is the mission of the City of DeLand Police Department to safeguard the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, and to enhance public safety. We will strive to develop positive relationships with our diverse communities and improve the quality of life for all community members. Our mandate is to do so by demonstrating our core values and conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to maintain the public’s confidence and trust.
City of DeLand Motto Faith, Hope & Charity
CITY OF DELAND POLICE DEPARTMENT CORE VALUES
- Duty: To serve, to place others needs above our own, to do our noble best while keeping our consciences clear.
- Honor: To demonstrate respect for others in word and deed, to deny self and promote the finest sense of justice possible for others.
- Courage: Overcoming fear; firmness of mind and willpower in the face of danger or extreme difficulty. When necessary to preserve life we will lay down our lives to protect the lives of others.
- Integrity: The firm adherence to a code of moral values, incorruptibility, and completeness. We will not sacrifice principles for expediency. We will keep our word; our actions will match our stated beliefs; we will be authentic and therefore trustworthy.
- Caring: To be sensitive to the needs of others and demonstrate compassion for all people. We are always ready to help community members retain or regain their dignity.
- Respect: We consider human beings worthy of high regard and are committed to equal treatment under the law for all people. We honor life and are committed to the preservation of life as we carry out our sworn duty under the law.
- Loyalty: Submission to legitimate authority; being accountable for our personal conduct, the conduct of our fellow officers and/or our subordinates conduct; proactively supporting the organization and its goals.
CITY OF DELAND POLICE OFFICER CREED
I am a Police Officer and proud member of the DeLand Police Department.
I believe there is no higher calling than to Serve and Protect my fellow citizens.
I believe in the basic ideals of our Constitution.
I am a Guardian of the rights that guarantee our freedoms and our American way of life.
I am always ready to help individuals retain or regain their dignity.
I will assist my commanders and obey all lawful orders while maintaining law and order.
At the same time, I am humble because I know that I am a servant of my country and my fellow citizens.
To perform my duties properly, my honesty, integrity, and courage must be balanced by competence, alertness, and courtesy.
I know I am constantly in the public eye and my behavior sets the standard of excellence for my profession.
To my Police Department and my Commanders, I pledge sustained, just and honorable service.
To my Country, my State, and my fellow citizens, I pledge the skills of my training, my physical ability, my mental initiative, and my moral courage, for I am a Police Officer representing a time honored profession.